What We Do
Shoelace Wireless’ mission is to make mobile Internet faster, cheaper and more reliable. We develop cooperative networking technologies that enable a mobile user to aggregate all wireless networks available to a single mobile device and/or on multiple nearby devices. Our approach is software-only and requires no changes to the current communication infrastructure.
Our first Android app, VideoBee, allows a user to boost mobile video and share it with a nearby device.
Our second Android app, Netup, will boost all traffic on a single device by intelligently combining Wi-Fi and cellular.
- Jan 15, 2015: Netup is featured in an article on AndroidPIT.
- Jan 12, 2015: Netup is featured on XDA Portal (forum link) and Future Idea & Technology YouTube channel (video link).
- Jan 9, 2015: Estadao, a popular newspaper in Brazil, has an article about Netup.
- Jan 1, 2015: Netup is featured on the front page of TechMog!
- Dec 29, 2014: VideoBee now officially supports Android 5.0 Lollipop. Get the fastest video streaming experience today! Remember to back Netup to bring the speed of VideoBee to all of your apps.
- Dec. 16, 2014: We have launched the Kickstarter Campaign for Netup. Back us now for faster mobile Internet and help us spread the word!
- Dec. 2014: Our Kickstarter campaign for Netup will launch on Dec. 16. Sign up here for notification.
- Oct 30, 2014: VideoBee now has more than 100,000 users with strong 4.3/5 rating. Check it out on Google Play!
- Oct 1, 2014: Check out our new promotional video for VideoBee!
- Aug 18, 2014: Get the most out of your cellular data! Introducing Smart Dual for VideoBee: intelligently monitor your streaming experience and only enable cellular when WiFi is insufficient. Check it out on Google Play!
- Aug 3, 2014: The latest versions of VideoBee (v0.4.1+) allow you to enjoy your videos uninterruptedly while moving between networks. Check it out on Google Play!
- July 11, 2014: VideoBee v0.4 has been released and now supports YouTube HD videos! Check it out on Google Play
- May 24, 2014: Version 0.3 of VideoBee with support for live streaming is released! Check it out on Google Play
- May 22, 2014: Shoelace Wireless is selected to present at the OCTANE Technology Investor Forum.
- April 9, 2014: VentureBeat has an article mentioning us at the NAB show.
- April 7 - 10, 2014: We are exhibiting at booth C2455-M2 at NAB Show 2014. Come visit us to check out the latest demo!
- Mar 17, 2014: Shoelace Wireless will be participating as one of 27 disruptive startups at the NAB Show 2014.
- Mar 15, 2014: Version 0.2 of VideoBee is released! Check it out on Google Play
- Mar 13, 2014: Hongkiat blog posted a featured article on VideoBee.
- Jan 16, 2014: VideoBee gets a featured article on Android Pipe.
- Jan 14, 2014: Featured article about Shoelace Wireless on Calit2 News Portal.
- Dec 29, 2013: Open Beta version of VideoBee is released!
- Dec 19, 2013: The Brazillian Mobile Time has a featured article on VideoBee (in Portuguese).
- Dec 16, 2013: Anh's interview at Streaming Media West. Also check out the blog post about us.
- Dec 5, 2013: Here is an article about VideoBee in Spanish at Androidayuda
- Nov. 19-20, 2013: We participate in Streaming Media West, Huntington Beach, CA.
- Nov. 14, 2013: We participate in the Innovation Day, in the Media Entertainment Forum event (MEFGF13).
- Nov. 08, 2013: VideoBee gets featured on the front page of XDA Forum.
- Oct. 3, 2013: VideoBee wins Second Best Mobile App Award in the MobiCom App Competition (out of 51 international competitors).
- Sep. 18-19, 2013: We participate in TC3 in the bay area. Check out our table in the Demo Pavillon.
- Sep. 2013: Press release by EPFL.
- Aug. 2013: We are looking for Software Engineers to join our team. Check out the job opportunity.
- Jul. 2013: We just received an NSF SBIR Phase I Award.
- May 20-23, 2013: We had a booth in CTIA 2013 in Las Vegas. We also presented in the Wireless Innovation Open Mic session and we were among the winners of the Wireless Innovation Open Mic "Startup Throw Down" competition.
- May 22, 2013: We had an exhibit booth in the VC in the OC event in Orange County, CA.